A superb opportunity to really progress your experience into practice management! You will have had experience of managing team of admin (PA/Paralegal and admins) and be able to identify and implement new systems!
Your duties will include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the department in compliance with firm wide policies, procedures and standards
- To manage, review and plan departmental administrative policies, processes and structures to deliver an efficient and effective service, and to identify opportunities for improvement, working with the HoD, Partners and Business Support Teams as appropriate.
- Line Manager to all the Departmental Legal Administrators and Paralegals
- Implement and maintain the firm’s Practice Management Standards, as they apply in the department. This applies in particular to:-
- To manage the administrative team, including recruitment and selection, induction, provision of support and training, performance management, professional development, appraisal and assisting the HoD with the Annual Review Process.
- Preparing relevant approvals to recruit
- Co-ordination of all new appointments/contract renewals/contract end in conjunction with Human Resources
- Support for Annual Review and Appraisal and Personal Development processes for fee-earners
- Ensure the effective management of relevant policies and procedures in conjunction with the HoD and the Human Resources Department
- Support the HoD in management and oversight of the departmental finances, including delegated control of specific budgets, forward planning and budgeting for departmental spending requirements
- Approval of expenditure and authorisation of payment
- Work with the HoD and Revenue Control Team to control lock up and chase fee-earners in respect of suspended and missing timesheets.
You will have experience of managing and reporting on financial budgets in line with firm strategy and have previous people management experience. You must have previous law firm experience to be considered for this role.
Our client can offer a superb working environment – an opportunity to be really pivotal and fundamental to a teams success! With a great working culture and some lovely benefits this is a firm that prides itself on it’s friendly and approachable culture!