This is a full remote role aside form initial training and continual professional development.
As document specialist you will be required to advise on document layout and reformatting options and will also manage the firm’s precedent bank to ensure all documents are maintained in the firm’s house style and are consistently updated upon instruction from the legal departments. Your role will focus on client satisfaction, quality, reliability and efficiency within a highly trained, specialised team.
The DP Specialist will need to be flexible from time to time in respect of working hours to ensure that absences are covered to an appropriate level at all times.
What you’ll do
- Producing and amending correspondence, documents, reports, deeds, attachments etc. from a variety of sources, in house style and in line with the firm’s specific systems/procedures
- Transcription, through the use of digital dictation
- Document production and manipulation
- Accurately interpreting complex fee earner briefs and producing documents within the required timescales, seeking clarification when necessary
- Proof reading and quality checking all work to ensure that completed documents are delivered accurately and to an appropriately high standard. Ensuring all edits have been inserted and make logical and grammatical sense
- Use data rooms to upload/download documents
- Effectively using systems to prioritise and complete incoming work
- Keeping service users updated on the progress of their work
- Ensuring documents are produced within the required timescales
- Prioritising own work and proactively communicating if a deadline cannot be met
- Sharing of knowledge and expertise across the team as well as being responsive and flexible
You must have previous document production experience – this is not a legal PA/legal secretary role. There is a high degree of technical knowledge included especially with Imap and PDF work.