Experienced legal biller is required a busy boutique law firm to join immediately subject to interview process and references. You must have the provision to work from home for the foreseeable.
You must have previous City law firm and have worked with the full billing cycle.
Your duties will include:
– Running and reviewing billing guides for all matters
– Proactively managing the billing process, including the production of billing guides, generation of the final bills and issuing these to clients
– Correct any errors in time posted by fee-earners – dates, and transfers between files etc.
– Dispatching bills to clients by post, email or by uploading into online billing systems
– Maintain e-billing systems, in particular adding new clients and dealing with any errors when uploading bills, including coordinating with appropriate client representatives to ensure billing is smooth and consistent
– Preparing any ad hoc interim bills during the course of the month as requested by partners
– Ensuring all billing information is correctly recorded on the system
– Raising any credit notes as necessary
– Retaining copies of all bills and credit notes and storing on file for future reference
– Checking that the billing software has PDF copies of all bills and credit notes created
– Keeping records as appropriate of write-offs or credits requested
– Review new matters and checking all new files
– Ensuring the matter file is correctly set up with respect to VAT
– Ensuring that matter billing rate tables are updated as necessary to account for new rate agreements
– Maintaining billing rates to the system following any rate review for matters
This is a great firm to join and they are truly progressive with their client servicing.