Our client is an award-winning patent law firm that specialises in high-value and complex patent litigation. They have just over 180 employees and are keen to recruit a Management Accountant to join their finance team of 10.
It’s an exciting and varied role, reporting into their Financial Controller, utilising your technical accounting expertise and assisting with month end and year end tasks. Typical duties will encompass:-
- Prepare monthly management accounts with appropriate commentary
- Support the year-end and audit processes
- Maintain accurate accounts – this includes maintaining fixed assets, accounts payable, prepayments, accruals, and cash ledgers
- Post all partner transactions to the appropriate finance system
- Complete monthly reconciliations including intercompany reconciliations
- Collaborate with local management to handle varied financial queries
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues, disbursements and expenses
- Provide appropriate cover for Financial Controller and other team members during periods of sense
- Handle any other reasonable ad hoc requests and tasks
To apply, you’ll have 3 to 4 years’ professional experience within accounting – legal or professional services background is preferred, and if you are part-qualified and undertaking studies towards achieving accreditation under ACCA or CIMA all the better.
In return you’ll be working a friendly and supportive team at one of the Patent Industry’s top advisory firms.