This global law firm, headquartered in the US is keen to recruit an experienced Office and Facilities Manager for their London office.
This is a varied and responsible role, managing relationships with key external vendors, coordinating business continuity planning for the office, managing the relationship with building management and leading on various projects. It will also require significant collaboration with management, both in London and the US.
Reporting to the Global Director of Administration, key areas of responsibility will include:-
- Planning and executing all internal office moves, overseeing floor plans and desk allocations, to ensure minimum disruption to the operational working of the firm. Ensuring the security of the firm’s floors. Responsibility for all security systems and day to day management of Cardax and CCTV. Review and improve London operational management systems, processes and best practices. Responsibility and management of statutory legislation with regards to Health and Safety, Fire Precautions and Building Regulations to provide a safe and appropriate place of work and working on London office sustainability initiatives. Responsibility for general housekeeping of all floors.
- Responsible for the annual budget. Maintaining proper financial controls, planning the budget in collaboration with the US and UK Finance Team for Operations and Conference Services. Approving invoices and expense requests.
- Negotiates with firm’s contractors and vendors: building, mechanical, electoral, cleaning, printer suppliers, telecoms and other specialist contractors. Conducts regular reviews of vendors and contracts currently in place to ensure suitability including cleaners, printers, telecoms, stationery supplies, etc. Recommend changes and ensure smooth transition to new vendors if necessary. Responsibility for all procurement to include reviewing current service levels.
- Reviewing and maintaining business continuity / disaster recovery plans in cooperation with firm senior management to include responsibility for the firm’s Emergency Notification System. Works with the Business Continuity team to develop, maintain and communicate the local office particulars of all business continuation plans for emergencies, disasters or pandemics. Planning and supervising emergency evacuation drills and CPR/AED training for staff.
- Liaising with building management and attending regular management meetings. Building and maintaining working relations with the building management. Monitors leasing and renewals and any sublease arrangements and responds to subtenant requests; coordinates tenant improvement construction projects. Responsibility for internal communications with regards to building maintenance issues and ensuring minimal disruptions to the office.
- Day-to-day management responsibility of the London facilities team. Oversees the outsourced services relationship (post and print room). Provides on the ground support to those local admin members who have direct reporting lines into the US (IT/AV/conference services).
To apply, you will be an experienced Office Manager/FM with line management experience (10+ staff), be fully understanding of statutory requirements of relevant legislation applicable to office premises and have substantial facilities management experience, preferably within a law firm or professional office environment
In return the role offers a good deal of autonomy, challenge and responsibility and the opportunity to work at one of the world’s highest-ranked law firms.