As the new Research Librarian you will provide expert research support on a wide variety of legal, business and intelligence requests and you will part of the global Research, Information & Intelligence team.
Working in a a major international law firm’s research team, you will carry out research for lawyers and business services colleagues in the UK and international offices and you will build strong ties within the legal departments that will provide you with an opportunity to work closely with individual practice areas and build up expertise in individual areas, as well as maintaining a broader range of skills and knowledge.
The Research, Information & Intelligence team has a very strong reputation across the firm for the quality of its research and training. In addition to assisting with legal research, the team carries out a significant volume of business research and plays a key role in supporting the firm’s business development and pitches.
You must have
• Experience of using library catalogues
• Basic knowledge of copyright law
• Understanding of knowledge and information management principles and their application in practice
If you can offer any of the below this would be really beneficial!
• Active involvement in law library professional groups
• Demonstrated expertise in corporate, legal and intelligence research techniques
• Experience of editing intranets and/or websites
• Knowledge of legal and business databases and a proven ability to develop a knowledge of new products quickly