International law firm, a big name in the industry, is seeking to recruit a Risk Management lawyer to join their highly regarded team.
It is a broad based risk management role that requires an understanding of the SRA Handbook and the law and regulations affecting the practice of law in England & Wales.
Although London based, the role includes regular liaison with colleagues in the US and Asian offices and many of the firm’s risk management policies have a cross-border impact.
The main aspects of the role are:
- Conflicts: conflict analysis and management, including waivers and consents and analyzing conflicts aspects of lateral hire/new hire process.
- Pitches: dealing with the legal aspects of pitches.
- Engagement Terms: reviewing engagement letters and outside counsel guidelines to reflect the Firm’s requirements, escalating or negotiating aspects as necessary.
- Policies & procedures: implementing, maintaining and monitoring risk management policies and procedures on various topics.
- Advice: advising fee-earners and business services personnel at all levels regarding professional conduct, regulatory and other risk management issues.
- Projects: working from time to time on a variety of risk management projects, both locally and as part of a cross-border team.
- Training: delivering training as necessary to new joiners (including trainees) and newly qualified lawyers, and on an ad-hoc basis in practice group meetings and to the business.
To apply you will be a qualified lawyer, admitted in England & Wales or a similar jurisdiction, have knowledge of the SRA Codes of Conduct and Handbook and experience with professional responsibility, ethics or compliance issues (preferred) and some understanding of data protection law would be helpful.
In return you will be working at a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realise their greatest potential.
This role is Hybrid working (60/40) and will consider a 4-day week arrangement (hybrid(50/50).